Saturday, May 26, 2012

So long, farewell...for now

We had six weeks to finish up our mission preparations. Before we knew it, the time had come for us to leave. We spent as much time as we could with our family. Much to our surprise, we found out that Heather and Blake would be moving to Iowa and their departure date was the day before we would speak in Sacrament Meeting! That was the first goodbye.
The evening after we spoke, our children put on an open house for us to be able to say goodbye to our family and friends. And I was so surprised to receive a special gift.
This is a quilt made for me by the women of our ward Relief Society. They all signed their names on a fabric squre and then my friend Nita Iverson pieced it all together and another friend Brenda Morris quilted it on her longarm machine. It is here with me on the back of the couch and every time I see it I think of my sweet friends.

Too soon it came time to say goodbye. You can bet it was hard to say goodbye to these guys:


To the MTC in Provo and beyond!




No comments:

Post a Comment